What To Expect Upon Arrival to Our Clinic
- If you are seeing our medical doctors, please expect to remain with us 1.5-2 hours depending on the complexity of your condition. In certain occasions you will be asked to come back a second time to complete the evaluation.
- If you have difficulty communicating in English, please make sure you attend with a companion (friend or relative) who can interpret for you.
- Make sure you bring a valid health card otherwise you will not be seen.
- For your first visit, you will complete an intake form and register at our reception desk.
- You will then be thoroughly examined by our pain clinicians. You may be required to wear a medical gown if necessary.
- Since our Centre is open to trainees from universities and major training institutions, we will ask your permission whether they can attend the history and physical examination. You have the right to refuse if this makes you uncomfortable. Your refusal will not affect your assessment and treatment in any way.
- If you miss an appointment or cancel without 24 hours notice, charges recommended by the Ontario Medical Association will apply (see appropriate section under > What We Offer > Services Not Covered By OHIP).
- Please note that use of cell phones is not allowed while you are assessed or treated in our Centre, in order to protect confidentiality and maintain the quiet and calm environment of our facility.