Our experienced psychologist and psychotherapist at the Pain and Wellness Centre work with clients to address problems that are impacting their ability to cope with daily stressors, interact positively with their environment, and to enjoy their lives, all with the goal to help them achieve a more positive sense of well-being and positive mental health.
Who would benefit from psychotherapy?
Our psychologist and psychotherapist are trained to provide individual psychotherapy to adults (from age 19 and over) with a variety of mental health issues and life struggles including but not limited to: depression, anxiety, obsessive and/or compulsive thoughts/behaviours, post-traumatic stress, adjustment difficulties following a car or work accident, driving fear or other phobias, social anxiety, interpersonal relationship difficulties, problems with self-esteem, assertiveness, sleep, or body image, job troubles or job loss, chronic illness or chronic pain, problems with alcohol or drugs use, bereavement, difficulty managing various stressors in your life, and feeling lost about who you are or your life goals.
How would I know if I can benefit from psychotherapy?
Clients tend to seek out psychotherapy when they struggle with:
- Feeling overwhelmed, stuck and/or in despair for long periods of time.
- Problems that don't seem to get better despite their efforts and help from family and friends.
- Difficulty in concentrating on work or carrying out other everyday activities.
- Worrying excessively, expecting the worst, or feeling constantly on edge.
- Low self-esteem/low self-confidence and/or reduced ability to be assertive in their personal and professional life
- Interpersonal relationship difficulties
- Drinking too much or using drugs to escape from their problems
- Feeling unhappy or trapped by their feelings or situation and they don’t know how to change it.
- Problems that are interfering with sleep, relationships, work/study, and health.